The Schools' Competition 2018 is now open
- Enter the competition here
- Event details (Mon 25 June 2018)
- Awards evening details (Wed 11 July 2018)
Schools' Engineering and Technology Competition: Mon 25 June 2018, Marconi Building, Anglia Ruskin University
We are very pleased to announce that this year's Chelmsford Science and Engineering Society (CSES) Schools' Engineering and Technology Competition is open for entries.
A reminder of the dates (both events at Anglia Ruskin University):
- The competition will take place on Monday 25 June 2018
- The awards evening will take place on Wednesday 11 July 2018
The deadline for entries will be Monday 18 June 2016, although please don’t wait for your project to be finished before entering. Spaces are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
We look forward to seeing you in June.
If you have not entered the competition before, the following information may help you:
The competition aims to educate, encourage and inspire. Students will have the opportunity to present STEM projects that they have been working on in this academic year. All STEM projects are very welcome, including coursework, hobby projects, and those completed as part of STEM schemes.
On the day, students are visited by engineering professionals, who will discuss the projects with the students and provide maximum opportunity for each student or team to explain their work. The projects are assessed on technical merit. Through this interaction with engineering role models the students benefit from:
- Further understanding of how their work relates to the engineering industry.
- Professional feedback on their work and good interview practice.
- Insight into career and business opportunities.
Representatives from CSES and our partner organisations will be present to answer questions about STEM careers and education options.
Students and teams who are scored highly by our judges will be invited to our prestigious awards ceremony to receive their prize.